Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
4 pork loin medallions, cut into strips ½ inch in thickness (or 12 fillet medallions or 4 loin steaks, fat removed)
1 oz butter
9 oz chestnut mushrooms, quartered
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
½ pint hot pork or vegetable stock
9 oz baby leaf spinach
2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
3 tablespoons low fat crème fraîche
4 sheets filo pastry, cut in half
- Preheat the oven 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick ovenproof frying pan, (about 9½inches) add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, cook for 1 minute, then gradually pour in the stock, stirring continuously, until the sauce thickens.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the pork, spinach, parsley and crème fraîche. Season. Remove from the heat.
- Scrunch up the sheets of filo pastry, then arrange over the top of the pork mixture to completely cover.
- Spray the pastry with the oil, then cook in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden and the pork is cooked through.
- Serve with new potatoes and carrots.