Preparation Time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
12 oz lean ground beef
2 tablespoons oil
2 medium potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced and dried
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1-2 teaspoons ground paprika
2 large zucchini, topped, tailed and very thinly sliced lengthways
1 x 9 oz jar prepared grilled capsicum peppers, drained
2 oz mild hard cheese (e.g. Cheddar), grated
4 medium eggs, beaten
Fresh rocket or watercress leaves, to garnish
For the Parsley Pesto:
4 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
1 oz grated Parmesan cheese
1 oz raw cashew nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook the potato slices for 10 minutes, turning regularly until golden brown. Remove and drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- In the same pan, cook the mince with the garlic, seasoning and paprika for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Lay half the potatoes over the base of a 8 inch non-stick square cake tin, followed by the zucchini, peppers and mince mixture. Add the remaining potatoes then the cheese.
- Season the eggs and pour into the tin. Leave for 1-2 minutes for the egg mixture to settle.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes then set aside to cool slightly for 15-20 minutes then cut into bite-size pieces and serve warm.
- Meanwhile prepare the pesto; place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste and serve with the bites.