Preparation Time: 25 minutes plus 15 minutes chilling in the freezer
Cooking Time: No cooking required
8-10 oz lean beef tenderloin, centre cut and trimmed
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
4 oz arugula leaves, rinsed
1 lemon, quartered
For the Mustard Dressing:
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2-3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- Chill 4-6 serving plates in the refrigerator. Meanwhile, prepare the beef; loosely wrap the fillet in foil or baking parchment and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- To make the mustard dressing, place all the ingredients into a screw-topped jar and shake well.
- Remove the beef from the freezer and slice as thinly as possible across the grain of the meat.
- Place each slice between two sheets of cling film and using a rolling pin or meat mallet flatten evenly into wafer-thin slices.
- Stack the slices, still covered in cling film and chill until required.
- Arrange the beef slices evenly, slightly overlapping on the chilled plates, season, drizzle over the dressing and garnish with the capers, rocket leaves and lemon wedges before serving.