Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40-50 minutes (for medium)
1 x 1lb beef topside mini roast
For the Piri-Piri Glaze:
2 Tbsp clear honey
1 Tbsp red wine or sherry vinegar
1 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp prepared chilli sauce
2 Tsp dried mixed herbs
1 Tsp ground paprika
- To prepare the glaze; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface of the joint, season and brush with the glaze. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting pan and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if the meat is browning too quickly.
- Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
- Slice the roast and serve with any pan juices, vegetable rice and a green salad.